Smart Property specialises in helping time-poor investors acquire outperforming property assets, so you can grow your wealth and freedom while still living your life.
Is This True For YOU?
- You have regular income, but you’re not actively building growth assets to power your future prosperity…
- You pay a truckload of tax, and don’t have an effective tax-minimisation strategy in place…
- While you may know a bit about property investment and market movements, you aren’t actively converting knowledge into profit…
- You already know that investing in growth assets including property is a critical part of wealth creation – you’re just looking for the right strategy and execution to make it happen.
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, you’re certainly not alone…
It’s a fact: more Australian millionaires have been created through property than any other investment class, making property one of the best investment opportunities available today.
But Along With This Opportunity Comes 3 Big Pitfalls:
Pitfall #1: Poor Property Selection
Most buy-and-hold property investors don’t accumulate more than two investment properties. And one of the reasons is because many investors end up buying mediocre or poor investment properties.
For example: buying apartments in areas overloaded with new supply; or buying too late in suburbs that have already peaked; or buying “the house in the next street” because it’s familiar – not because it’s the best investment around.
These mediocre properties end up sucking cash and putting a hand brake on your capacity for future investment.
Pitfall #2: Poor Investment Structure
The second pitfall is buying property in the wrong ownership structure. For example, should you buy inside or outside super? Should you buy property through a trust, or some other vehicle? The answers to these questions can sometimes be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to the you. Conversely, making the wrong decision early on can cost a fortune in additional stamp duties, taxes and red tape down the track.
Pitfall #3: Poor Funding Strategy
The third pitfall is trying to power a property acquisition plan via the wrong funding strategy. The wrong funding can cost you money in terms of extra fees, interest and charges. But more importantly, it can choke your serviceability and reduce your ability to grow your portfolio.
Luckily, there are ways to manage, mitigate and eliminate each of these three pitfalls.
But before we look at how to do that, it’s important to understand the root cause of why most property investors achieve average or poor results…
Too Much Focus On Buying “Any Old Property”…
And Not Enough On Building An Integrated Property Strategy
New and existing property investors face a real problem today…
You probably already know that working hard for your money, paying a bucket load of tax and standing by as your savings are eroded by inflation is no way to create financial freedom and security…
…but when you go out and consider your options, you’re faced with confusing and often conflicting information.
And the core problem is that most property investment companies have vested interests that aren’t aligned with your interests as an investor. For example:
- Many property investment companies subscribe to only a single strategy (e.g. “positive cash flow”, “negative gearing” or “renovation”) — and shoe-horn ALL their clients into that strategy, regardless of their circumstances.
- Others only sell properties for certain developers… often those who pay the most in sales commission and drive over-inflated prices.
- Still others provide advice or strategies, but they really only deal with one piece of the puzzle because they can’t actually connect the dots to property with a strong prognosis to outperform the market as a whole.
So what typically happens is: you end up with a piecemeal solution that is NOT aligned with your ultimate goal: building more security, freedom and choices for you and your family.
And without an integrated strategy, you end up spinning your wheels, absorbing more and more information but without ever taking action and getting ahead.
And so you find yourself back to square one:
Overwhelmed. Stuck. And Frustrated…
All because you see other people enjoying success through property investment and know you could too, if only you could find the right strategy and the right buying opportunities.
I’ve seen many investors wrestle with these sorts of issues over the last 8+ years, and as a result have developed a unique integrated property investment approach that has been tailor made for time-poor professionals and business owners who want all the work done for them.
How Smart Property Is Different From Every Other Property Investment Company
- Diagnosis before prescription: we seek to understand your specific situation and goals before recommending a proposed strategy. We don’t simply copy-and-paste your name into the same cookie-cutter strategy document.
- Tight integration of the right structure, the right funding and the right property. Because even the best property held in the WRONG structure can cost you a fortune. Getting all three pieces right is paramount.
- Data-driven property selection methodology.As you know, property selection is critical. We analyse property and market data to pick up-and-coming suburbs and superior investment stock with a strong chance of outperforming the market as a whole.
- “No-pressure approach”. Many investors are quite rightly nervous of engaging with a property consultant or advisor because they don’t want any “hard sell”. We agree. We follow a relaxed, consultative style where you’re in control and you’re free to say “no” or walk at any time.
- We do all the work. Buying an investment property can be a lengthy and time consuming process – we make it simple and arrange everything in the background for you.
- We free up your time and give you renewed mental energy to focus on what’s important to you.
Who Is A Fit To Work With Smart Property?
Client fit is very important to us. Here are some of the qualities shared by our best clients:
- You already like property as an investment class: : most of our clients feel some affinity for property already. They’re not looking for us to “convince” them they should invest in property – they’re looking for the right way to go about it.
- You’re time-poor and want someone to take care of the details: many of our investors are business owners or busy professionals who spend a lot of time and energy on their careers, with not enough focus on building wealth and real assets. You’re looking to redress the balance.
- You feel you pay too much tax: Australia’s tax system is very hard on highly productive people – with a top marginal tax rate of 49%. Our best clients want to get their money working for, not against, them.
- You believe you should be able to build a portfolio of at least 3 properties in the next 15 years – even if you don’t know the “how”, and…
- Making this happen is one of your top priorities right now.
And Who Is Not A Fit?
Just like any business, there are certain types of clients that we’re not able to help. If any of the following apply, we’re not a match:
- If you don’t have a regular source of income, then property investment is best left until you do have a stable income.
- If you are really a “D-I-Y” investor at heart and want to do all the work and micro-manage the process, then we probably can’t add much value.
- And if you really don’t believe property investment can possibly work for you, then we’re not in the business of convincing you otherwise.
If you’re still with me, then you may be asking yourself…
“OK, what’s the next step?”
If you’re open to exploring how we can help you build a portfolio of one or more outperforming properties, held in the right structure and with the most optimal funding strategy, then please contact us to schedule a Strategy Session.
We look forward to talking with you.